Brokers want better communication and more of a personal touch from insurers when dealing with complex claims, according to a new survey by Allianz.
Respondents said the overall smoothness of the claim was the most important factor, especially for simple claims. They would also appreciate more regular communication from insurers‘ claims handlers, and even more so over the phone or face to face or through live chat mechanisms, rather than email.
It found that over two thirds of claims-handling brokers said they spend at least three quarters of their time dealing with simple and straightforward claims, as opposed to those that are more complex or high value (over £100,000).
The brokers surveyed also welcome insurers being flexible and providing access to experts when required.
Nick Hobbs, chief distribution and regional officer at Allianz Commercial, said: “Brokers are constantly looking at where they can add value to the insurance process for the customer, and complicated or particularly large claims are instances where they really prove their mettle.”
“Brokers want to be able to connect to insurers directly when it comes to claims. The industry, as a whole, has to focus on communication throughout the claims process by offering more contact, with regular updates on timelines and progress.”
- Drivers warned of cheap car insurance scams that are 'too good to be true'
- 2022 Best Cheap Homeowners Insurance in New Mexico
- How To Get The Cheapest And Best Homeowners Insurance in Florida? – InsuranceNewsNet
- Millions of ACA health insurance plans may face hikes unless Congress acts
- Social media companies 'should do more to crack down on car insurance scammers'