The teen remains on life support.
Ben Crump, a noted civil rights and personal injury attorney, has been retained by the parents of 17-year-old Erik Cantu, who was shot multiple times by a San Antonio police officer outside a McDonald’s on the Northside on October 2. The former police officer, James Brennand, 27, was charged with two counts of felony aggravated assault by a peace officer.
In a news release on Wednesday, October 19, Crump announced that he’s working with the family, as well as co-counsel Paul Grinke. He sent the following statement on the matter:
- Attorney: Man involved in train killing shot in self-defense
- As DA Jason Williams awaits federal tax trial, another former lawyer in his firm is charged | Courts
- Vekos would bring defense attorney experience to county prosecutor's job
- Portage double fatal stabbing was self-defense, attorney says at arraignment
- Man accused in La Crosse shooting was acting in self-defense, attorney says | Crime